Internet Explorer is the default browser of the Microsoft and is inbuilt in all Windows version. Well, this browser is not new and most of the users are aware of the features of the same. But, only a few know to troubleshoot the Internet Explorer. However, if you are Windows XP user and getting the issue on Internet Explorer then get through the process listed beneath to fix the same.
Is Internet Explorer not working on Windows XP? Here’s the comprehensive solution
Reset Internet Explorer
- Launch Internet Explorer; click on Tools tab located at the top of the page.
- Click on ‘Internet Options’ and you will find this option in the drop-down menu of ‘Tools’.
- A new window will appear on your screen, click on ‘Advanced’ tab and select all the options listed on the page and click on ‘Reset’ button.
Internet Explorer crashed? Repair it
- Click on the Start Menu and select ‘All Programs’.
- Now move to the ‘Accessories’ section and here you will get ‘Command Prompt’, right-click on it and select ‘run as administrator’.
- In the box, enter SFC/SCANNOW and hit Enter.
- The system will detect the corrupt file and soon will fix the same.
Apply the above-said methods to get rid of the issues of Internet Explorer in Windows XP. However, if you are using the older version of the same, then update it immediately with the latest version.