Email is the primary communication in both personal and professional world as it connects the individuals very easily. Thus resetting the password on a regular interval or frequently is considered as the best practice as it helps the users to protect their information and data and maintain privacy and confidentiality. The practice of resetting password also makes the job of hackers difficult as because it almost become impossible for them to guess and crack break through the account.
Unlike any other webmail service provider, the Hotmail also constantly advise their users to reset the account password and maintain the confidentiality of the same. The users are also recommended to contact the Hotmail technical support team to seek their expert assistance in case of any difficulty.
To do the needful to reset the Hotmail Password, the user needs to
- First go to official website at acom/password/change in a web browser
- Then type "hotmail.com/password/change" in the address bar of a web browser and press Return
- If the user is not already signed in then he or she needs to enter the Hotmail address and password and click on Next
- If the system prompt to generate a security code then need to click on Send Code and enter the code that is sent to the user registered email address or registered phone number
- And then enter the current password
- And then enter and confirm the new password
- The user can check it in a system "Make me change my password every 72 days" in case he or she prefers a reminder from the account
- Then Click on Next
This will change he password and hence the user need to use the new password to log in.