A complete guide on how one can cancel their booking with Delta Airlines
Gone are the days when cancelling a flight ticket with the airline was a tricky task. Now, the airline has introduced a separate provision and simplified the ticket cancellation process. And for those who have booked flight tickets with Delta Airlines, they would be glad to know that they can easily cancel their booking by abiding certain conditions.
Cancellation Policy of Delta Airlines
For the passengers who are willing to opt for Delta Airlines Cancellation, it is required that they have complete information about the certain conditions of the cancellation policy before heading on with the process.
- The airline offers a risk-free cancellation period to the passengers who have booked reservations via the airline website or app. As per this policy, one can cancel their booking without any fee and claim a full refund when the cancellation is made within 24 hours from the booking.
- For cancelling a non-refundable reservation, the passenger can opt for the online cancellation. However, a certain amount of cancellation fee will be deducted from the refund and the rest of the amount will be provided in the form of eCredit.
- The cancellation fee starts at $200 but can vary with the fare type and travel route that one can confirm by contacting the airline reservation department.
Cancellation policy updates due to COVID-19
Keeping the recent pandemic conditions in mind the airline has made some updates Delta Airlines Cancellation Policy that includes:
- As per the recent update, the passenger can cancel their booking without paying any cancellation fee as they are waived off.
- However, this policy is only applicable to the domestic and international reservations purchased from March 1 up to June 30, 2020. This also includes the flights departing from March till September.
Hence, these are the few conditions that one requires to keep in mind before performing Delta Airlines Cancellation. And for those who are looking for the process on how to cancel the booking, they can read out the detailed procedure provided below.
Delta Cancellation Process
Procedure to cancel flight tickets with Delta Airlines
By keeping certain pointers of Delta Airlines Cancellation Policy in mind, the passenger can proceed with the cancellation process for which they need to visit the airline website and follow the provided steps.
- Click on the My Trip option present on the homepage.
- Now, retrieve the booking by providing the reservation details and pick the cancellation option.
- Then, confirm the cancellation prompt and claim a refund for the same.
Besides, for queries regarding the cancellation policy and process, one can contact the airline customer service and manage their flight ticket accordingly.