About the cancellation process and policy of Southwest airlines? Here is the detailed info
Whenever a travel plan changes, the traveler is concerned about the cancellation and cancellation charges you should check out Southwest Airlines cancellation policy. In some of the airlines, cancellation fee might dig a hole in the pocket. If flight is booked with Southwest airlines, then passenger can cancel the ticket without worrying charges involved in it as described below in Southwest Airlines cancellation policy.
Southwest Airlines Cancellation Process
Know about the steps of cancellation in Southwest airlines
If a passenger wishes to cancel the booking made with Southwest airlines, then it can be simply done by following the steps mentioned below for Southwest Airlines Cancellation:
- Initial step is to browse the official website of Southwest airlines https://www.southwest.com/.
- Then, Flight option is selected in the main menu on the homepage.
- In the dropdown menu, passenger has to select the option of Manage reservations.
- By clicking that option, passenger will be redirected to the new page.
- On the next page, passenger is asked to enter the confirmation code, first name and last name as mentioned on the itinerary.
- When the search button is clicked, ticket will be retrieved on the screen.
- The passenger can then use the cancel option in order to cancel the booking.
- The cancellation is processed once the passenger confirms about the same.
- Southwest Airlines cancellation once processed is non-reversible i.e. if it cannot be stopped.
- Finally, when the cancellation is done, the passenger will be notified about the same through email or text message.
This is all about Southwest airlines cancellation policy and procedure. These simple steps will help the passenger in cancelling the ticket. The ticket is cancelled according to the Southwest airlines cancellation policy. The rules involved in the cancellation policy are as follows:
Southwest Airlines Cancellation
- A passenger can claim a full refund simply by cancelling the ticket within 24 hours of booking.
- The 24-hour policy works for both refundable and non-refundable tickets.
- If the cancellation of ticket is processed after 24 hours, the passenger might have to pay a cancellation fee as per the policy.
- According to the Southwest airlines cancellation policy, passenger will receive the refund amount through the same mode as it was paid.
- The duration of refund amount varies according to the mode of payment.
- In order to claim a refund, passenger has to submit the online refund request form.
This is Southwest airlines cancellation policy to know more about the airlines and it’s policies, passenger can contact the customer support department. The contact details about the customer service are provided here on the website and also decribed about Southwest Airlines cancellation policy.